First, if you are a service member or family of a service member, thank you for the many sacrifices you have made to help protect and care for all in our great nation. Words simply cannot express the gratitude we have for all that you do.
The VA Home Loan is specifically designed for service members, veterans, and other members of the military community. Those eligible can use a VA Home Loan to buy, build, repair, retain, or adapt a home on more favorable terms. Read more about VA Home Loans at the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
Even if you are not a veteran, you still might qualify for the program. Give us a call for more information!
Features & Benefits of a VA Home Loan
- Minimum Credit Score is 620
- 100% Financing
- No Down Payment Required On Purchases or Refinances
- No Monthly Private Mortgage Insurance
- Lower Rates Compared To Conventional or FHA Financing
- Higher Debt to Income Ratio Allowed
- Local Processing and Underwriting
- VA – IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Loan)Refinance May Be Available
- No Appraisal Needed and No Underwriting Required
Access An Existing Mortgage Account
Already know the type of home loan you are looking for?
Find Your Perfect Mortgage Loan Officer
A great home buying experience starts with great home buying partners. Meet your American Bank & Trust mortgage team and discover an outstanding group that truly lives at the intersection of what if and why not? With AB&T home loan experts, you’ve got neighbors you can always count on.
Looking for more information about Home Loans? Visit the South Dakota Housing Development Authority.
Loan rates and terms may vary. All loans subject to credit approval. Contact a banker for further details.