Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change or write a check.
It doesn’t have to be a dream. Use your free American Bank & Trust Visa® Debit Card for all of your purchases — whether you are home or abroad.
- Use money from your checking account without having to write a check
- Welcome at places that won’t accept checks
- Faster and easier than writing checks
- Access to cash throughout the U.S. and around the world
- Make withdrawals, transfers, inquiries, and deposits (where allowed) at ATM terminals
- Take advantage of thousands of surcharge-free ATMs, nationwide
- Get cash back at participating merchants when using PIN debit
- Save on the cost of ordering checks
- Avoid carrying large amounts of money
- Authorization process limits your risk for lost or stolen cards
- Better way to track your purchases
- Receive receipts for every transaction
- Each transaction appears on your monthly statement
- Free with your AB&T savings or checking account
- No surcharges at AB&T ATMs
- No surcharges at MoneyPass and Allpoint network ATMs
Chip Technology FAQs
American Bank & Trust Visa Debit Cards now come with chip technology built right in. This tiny chip protects your card information in a big way.
Q: How does chip technology protect my information?
A: Whenever you use your card at a chip-activated terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time user code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
Q: Where can I use a chip card?
A: You can use your card at millions of places that accept Visa Debit Cards, at home and around the world.
Q: Can I swipe my chip card to pay?
A: Yes. If a merchant is not yet chip-activated, you can continue to swipe your card and enter your PIN. Or select Credit and sign for your purchase, if necessary.
Q: Can I use my debit chip card at the ATM?
A: Yes. You can still use your chip card to get cash, check your balance and more. Simply insert the chip end of your card with the chip facing up. Your card will remain in the ATM until your transaction is complete.
Learn more about chip technology by talking with a Personal or Business Banker at American Bank & Trust.
For customer service or to report a lost or stolen card call -
- Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm: 1-877-711-6142
- On the weekend or after hours: 1-800-472-3272