High Interest Checking
An account for those interested in higher interest.
With High Interest Checking, the higher your balances, the higher the interest rate you’ll earn! Start with a higher interest rate with balances of $1,500 and get a premium rate when you make 20 or more Debit Card transactions per statement cycle.* Tiered rates go up from there! If your balance falls below $1,500, you’ll still earn a competitive rate. The monthly service charge is only $5 if your balance falls below $1,500.
- Competitive interest
- First box of checks is FREE
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly service charge
- FREE Debit Card
- Eligible customers earn Buzz Points reward points with every Debit Card purchase
- Over 90,000 surcharge FREE ATMs in the Allpoint™ and MoneyPass™ networks worldwide
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Bill Pay and Popmoney®
- FREE Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit**
- FREE eStatements with online check images
- FREE Thank You gift with account opening
- We’ll buy-back of up to $10 for your unused checks and Debit Cards from another financial institution
- Only a $50 minimum deposit is needed to open your account
Minimum opening deposit is only $50. Ask us for details. Bank rules and regulations apply. Other fess such as non-sufficient funds, overdraft, etc, may apply. See fee schedule for details. Free gift may be reported on a 1099-MISC. Free gift provided at the time of account opening. $2 for each check book and Debit Card from another financial institution given at the time the check book/Debit Cards are presented, up to $10.
*You must have 20 Debit Card purchases post and settle by the end of banking day on the statement cycle cut-off day to obtain the premium variable Annual Percentage Yield and interest rate tiers on the High Interest Checking account. Debit Card transactions processed by merchants and received by us as ATM transactions do not count toward qualifying Debit Card transactions. Only Debit Card transactions processed by merchants and received by us as POS transactions count as qualifying Debit Card transactions. These transactions may not be in a pending state to qualify as one of the 20 Debit Card per statement cycle qualifications. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to and to settle in an account.
**Your mobile carrier's data and text messaging rates may apply, check with your mobile provider for individual mobile contract details.