American Bank & Trust is a locally owned and managed bank that has been serving people living in South Dakota since the late 1800's. We are a community bank that pursues a growth strategy giving us the capacity to meet and serve our customers' banking, wealth management and insurance needs.
We hold tight to our values which include treating others the way we like to be treated, never compromising integrity and continually finding ways to improve ourselves and the banking products we offer. Would you like to be part of a company that has caring co-workers, an employee recognition program, performance based incentives, 401K contribution, a competitive benefits package and more?
What else makes American Bank & Trust so great? Our current employees that come to work each week with a "can-do" attitude and caring approach. One such employee is Suzy Dupey, IT/IS Specialist. Click here to learn what Suzy enjoys most about being part of the team at American Bank & Trust.
We currently have this position open at American Bank & Trust -
Mortgage Loan Officer
Location: Huron, SD
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for originating quality loans that meet mortgage guidelines for loans to be sold on the secondary market and portfolio lending. This person will build relationships with realtors, builders, financial professionals, AB&T employees, customers and personal contacts while providing high quality customer care.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Originate mortgage loans and counsel customers regarding their financial goals.
- Be knowledgeable on mortgage products and inform and educate prospective and existing customers on mortgage options, rates, polities and underwriting requirements.
- Analyze detailed financial and credit information, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk. Examine application and supporting documentation, determining credit worthiness and calculating repayment capabilities.
- Expand current customer base and attract new mortgage applications by developing relationships within the community.
- Keep abreast of trends and conditions within mortgage lending, products and compliance.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required training.
Education requirements - Bachelor's degree in business or banking or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience requirements - A minimum of 5 years of mortgage origination experience preferred including thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae, FHA, Federal Home Loan Bank, VA, Rural Development and SD Housing Development Authority products and loan documentation criteria.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to HR@abt.bank. To attach your resume, please click here to open a new email message within your web-connected email provider. Attach your resume to the email, title the subject line with the position you are applying for, and send to HR@abt.bank.
If you would like to mail us your resume or an employment application, please send it to:
American Bank & Trust
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1820 Dakota Ave S
Huron, SD 57350
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department. American Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.