American Bank & Trust strives to make a positive and lasting impact on communities. One way the bank accomplishes this is through their Spirit Card program. These cards promote school pride and generate income for school districts.
A Spirit Card is a Debit Card that showcases the school district’s name, colors and mascot. The card is linked to a customer’s checking account and when account holder make a purchase with their Spirit Card, American Bank & Trust donates money back to the school. The cards not only generate income for school districts, but also promote school pride. Funding decisions are made and presented annually by the Spirit Card Advisory Committee and consist of school district employees and American Bank & Trust staff.
The bank recently donated Spirit Card funds to the following schools –
- Wessington Springs is receiving $2,679.38 to be used to purchase tables, chairs and booths for their new Spartan Café in the high school.
- Wolsey-Wessington will be receiving $1,391.38 to be used for Sensory Path and Quick Response White Boards.
- Northwestern (Mellette) school will receive $855.00 to purchase new library furniture and concession stand equipment.
- De Smet will receive $2,246.25 for wrestling room equipment and wall pads for the wrestling teams.
- Miller is receiving $2,793.93 to be used to purchase survival buckets, bean-bag chairs and paperback novels for the Jr. High classroom library.
- Huron will be receiving $3,927.30 to help purchase a variety of sporting equipment, marching band flags, t-shirts, art supplies, stools, classroom lap desks, registration costs and prom supplies.
- Pierre will receive $2,086.78 and will help fund several projects including a South Dakota History Adventure field trip, River Cities Transit vouchers for students in need, a 32” flat screen TV with Wii console and Clifton Youth Strengths Explorer workbooks.
- Stanley County is receiving $774.55 which will help purchase bean bag chairs for the 3rd grade classroom and buy hearing and eye protection for the Clay Target Team.
Since 2012, American Bank & Trust has collectively donated over $98,600 to schools through the Spirit Card program!
Spirit Cards are currently available for the Huron Tigers, Wessington Springs Spartans, Miller Rustlers, De Smet Bulldogs, Wolsey-Wessington Warbirds, Northwestern Wildcats, Pierre Governors and Stanley County Buffalos. If you would like to get a Spirit Card, call your local American Bank & Trust or click here.